Thursday, February 25, 2010

Paint product that made formica look like stone or concrete.?

My wife and I saw a show most likely on HGTV where they used a product that looked like stone or concrete over formica, and covered it with a food safe clear coating. We looked up the show and found the product. When we went to the store the people did not know what we were talking about. Now we cannot remember the name of the show or the name of the product. Does anybody remember it?Paint product that made formica look like stone or concrete.?
I saw the same show and I don't remember what it was either, but I think I found the product PermaGlaze. Here is there site:





http://www.permaglaze.com/cabinetrefinis鈥?/a>Paint product that made formica look like stone or concrete.?
I didn't see the show you are talking about but at Home Hardware they have flexrock and granite. I tried using the granite on my counter and it was so hard to work with and looked like crap. Big waste of time and money and ended up replacing the counter.
My sister used 'Fleckstone' on her countertop and a clearcoat (Permaglaze?) on top. Looked great at first but she said it wasn't nearly as durable as formica. If you're staying, you could take your chances with the 'fleckstone/permaglaze'; if you're selling, you are likely to be better off replacing - 'new counters' are good selling point.

No comments:

Post a Comment