Saturday, February 27, 2010

What kind of paint do i use on concrete?

have a round stepping stone and im doing a craft project. what kind of craft paint can i use to paint on this???What kind of paint do i use on concrete?
I just got through painting a birdbath made out of concrete so I will tell you what I did and seems to be holding up quite well. First I used an acrylic paint that has a soap and water clean up component. Then I went to the Home Depot Store and bought Krylon spray on base for concrete items. I bought the high gloss medium and seems to be doing quite well with the water in it all the time. I sprayed the inside of the bowl 4 times to make sure it got thoroughly coated. The outside and stem of the bath only got two coats. Hope it works for you seems to be alright for me!What kind of paint do i use on concrete?
Almost any sort of moderate-quality water-based paint will stick to concrete if it is not to be used outdoors. If this is a permanent outdoor application, and as a walking surface that will actually be used, you should use an exterior-grade paint or stain designed specifically for concrete. Good paint of this nature isn't cheap, and cheap paint isn't good. The very good paints are probably serious overkill in your case.





Note that the concrete should be clean, dry and dust-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment