Saturday, February 27, 2010

What paint should I use to retard mold growth on my unsealed 35 yr old concrete basement floor?

Ohhh, I just had this problem earlier this summer, and I cried. After trying several solutions, I finally had a recommendation to use Endur-O-Seal, to seal the concrete. It also kills the mold. You have to kill the mold first. When the mold has no more oxygen that can hit it or effect it, it dies. That is most important. Home Depot carries a good line of products too, and they also carry a product that you can use to paint the surface, but seal it first, even if the product says that it seals and paints. Since concrete is porus, you need to get deep inside and seal all this off.





You may also want to stain the concrete, for a more natural look. I had bad mold in my crawl space, an area that was too complicated for me to fix on my own, and I had a professional service come out and kill the mold and spray a sealent. Honestly, it was worth the money - and if I sell my home, I know that it is being sold in its best possible shape.What paint should I use to retard mold growth on my unsealed 35 yr old concrete basement floor?
Use a sealant called Killz.What paint should I use to retard mold growth on my unsealed 35 yr old concrete basement floor?
get rid of the exsisting mold then apply a coat of clear epoxy, you will probably need to use a catalyst to aid the epoxy in proper curing...painting contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment